Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It "only" saves your life sir !!

One of the weekdays during the 2 months break, I decided to pay a visit to one of the Maruti showrooms in the city to test drive the Swift (I had already done it before, but since there was nothing better to do, I thought I would experience it once again).. this time it was at Bimal's in Indiranagar..

The moment I went in, I was received by an executive who introduced himself as Anshad. I told him I was interested in looking at the new Wagon R and the Swift for my wife. After a brief demo of the Wagon R, it was time to discuss about the Swift. Swift comes in 4 variants: LXi, VXi, VXi with ABS and ZXi. The VXi is the largest selling variant since it has most of the features which the Indian crowd likes, But I was more interested in the top end ZXi since it has ABS, Air-bags and climate control - features which I am quite impressed with. When I started enquiring more about ZXi, the executive promptly responded "Why go for ZXi sir, It is almost 1 lakh rupees more than VXi and it only has air bags extra. In case there is an accident, it will 'only' save your life, and also if the air bags open, it costs Rs. 16,000/- to put them back in place". I was quite shocked at that remark - "Only saves your life".

I told the executive that I would get back the next day for a test drive, and I did go back the next day, but had already made up my mind that I would stop by only for 2 mins and not discuss anything more about the car or ask for a test drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home