Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's V for Van..not Bhe for Bhan

A few days ago, During lunch I just happened to get into this conversation with my pal about how some folks from the western part of our country have problems with words that have a "v" in them or that sound like one.

For ex:
(1) "Bhen" for When
(2) "Bhere are bhee going?" for Where are we going?

Ok, now that you know what I am referring to here, let me get to the episode which my pal narrated.

During one of the client's visit in his previous company, A gentleman who had a similar problem (let's call him Mr. X) was to give a presentation to one Mr. Dave (client) and this is how the conversation goes..

Mr X: Good Morning Mr DaBhe..My presentation...
Mr Dave: Excuse me, It is not DaBhe..It is Dave

Mr X: Yes, I know.. Mr DaBhe..
Mr Dave: Dave.. "V", "V"

Mr X: Yes, I am saying the same.. Bhe for Bhan
Mr Dave: Its not B for Ban..It's V for Van

Then, Mr X's manager had to step into explain what the problem here was all about..

No offence here.. just an article about a conversation which I found quite hillarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home