Wednesday, November 29, 2006

One more to the never ending digital 'To Buy' list

The last weekend, my wife and I were looking out for a good photo frame. My wife has been complaining from the time we've got married that there is not a single photograph of ours at home which has been 'framed'.

I have always been giving her this excuse that when I get the right picture which I think is worth showcasing, I will get a good frame. The other concerns I have had are that once a picture gets into the frame, it inadvertently ends up staying there for good which could look quite jaded and get monotonous after some time and also most of the pictures we have taken of ourselves are soft versions which like any other digital pictures will always stay cosy in the hard disk and will probably never be exposed to ink and paper.

Today, during my regular visitation to the blogs I've subscribed to on Google Reader, I discovered the digital photo frames. Apparently, they have been around for quite some time now. Atleast, that is what I inferred looking at the number of results I got when I queried for it on Google. They look like any other regular photo frame, just that these have a LCD screen to display photos and can display multiple photos in a slide show format. It could connect to the internet to download new pictures. I am sure there would be an option to post any picture from the repository randomly which would address my problem of things looking bland over a period of time.

There are several companies which manufacure digital photo frames. Kodak, Polaroid, Ceiva and Philips are some which I could look at. The Ceiva's cost anywhere between 100 - 200$.

I never felt that the solution for the vanilla photo frame problem would come the flavourful digital way. Now, I have one more digital stuff that gets added to the never ending "To Buy" list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Repute Bhargav said...

Very nice write-up. I absolutely appreciate this website. Thanks!

12:36 PM, September 23, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home